How can i paste a 16 digit number in a excel worksheet?

  1. #1
    Rajeshkumar
    Guest

    How can i paste a 16 digit number in a excel worksheet?

    When i try to paste a 16 digit number in a excel worksheet, i got the number
    in the exponential form, when i format that cell to make it as a real number
    i find the last digit is missing replaced by "0", can you help it out in the
    issue.Am Using Excel 2000

  2. #2
    select the cell or cells, or column or row, or range, and right click>Format cells, and in the number tab, select text. This allow data entry to be displayed exactly as entered.

    I copy and paste tracking #'s that start with a zero into mine, i've yet to 100% of the time, open the workbook, copy and paste, without having to format cells everytime. SO, if that happens to you, don't feel too bad.

  3. #3
    Rajeshkumar
    Guest

    Re: How can i paste a 16 digit number in a excel worksheet?

    "beechum1" wrote:

    > select the cell or cells, or column or row, or range, and right
    > click>Format cells, and in the number tab, select text. This allow
    > data entry to be displayed exactly as entered.
    >
    > I copy and paste tracking #'s that start with a zero into mine, i've
    > yet to 100% of the time, open the workbook, copy and paste, without
    > having to format cells everytime. SO, if that happens to you, don't
    > feel too bad.
    >

    > --
    > beechum1
    > beechum1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30489
    > View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=503590

    HI

    I tried as per your saying, but still i face the same problem... Can
    someone give any idea to get out of this issue... because i have to copy some
    of 2400 list of numbers in a worksheet, that i cannot change the last digit
    of each and every no.