sheet and workbook security

  1. #1
    HELSINKI

    sheet and workbook security

    Hi, is there any workaround for when a password has been set to secure a workbook or sheet? In case the password is forgotten what can best be done ?

    Please let me know!
    Robby

  2. #2
    Ruth Allen
    Guest

    RE: sheet and workbook security

    OOooh! Passwords are pretty much set in stone unless you're a hacker :-)
    But, here's something you could try and maybe more help is on the way from
    other folks:

    If you can get into the file, then you'll need to copy everything you can
    and re-create it in a new file and save it without or with a new password.

    To protect yourself in the future, you could create a duplicate worksheet
    with another password being an answer to a security question or other
    password for the original authorized users to gain access to this copy.
    Again, you won't have access to the original file and will need to create
    another copy of this copy and re-name this copy and change the password.

    The 'forgot password' feature is a good addition and may have been added to
    Office03? Let me know if this answer is not clear or you need more help.
    --
    Ruth Allen
    EMBRACING TECHNOLOGY

  3. #3
    Tim
    Guest

    Re: sheet and workbook security

    Read this article http://lastbit.com/excel-article.asp to know more
    about Excel passwords and what to do if you forgot password.