Checking & Forcing Data Entry in Cells

  1. #1
    Forum Contributor
    Cardiff - Wales - UK
    MS-Off Ver

    Question Checking & Forcing Data Entry in Cells

    Hi,

    Can anyone help me please ?

    What I’m trying to do is to ensure a user inputs data into a series of cells correctly e.g.

    If the user inputs data (numbers or text) in any cell say from A1 through to cell A20 that if they omit to input any data into any of the cells that they get a warning message to rectify.

    I have already used the validation facility to check if the input has exceed the desired character length required, so I would be grateful for any assistance for a VB solution to check for data input and also incorporate the field length check.

    Excel Version 2000

    Many thanks

    Rob
    Rob

  2. #2

    Re: Checking & Forcing Data Entry in Cells

    I'd use a cell (probably A1 and shift everything down a row...)

    But you could use B1 and put a formula like:

    =if(counta(a1:a20)=20,"","Please Enter all the data!")

    In code:

    dim myRng as range
    with worksheets("Sheet1")
    set myrng = .range("a1:A20")
    end with

    if application.counta(myrng) < myrng.cells.count then
    msgbox "Hey, Fill'em out!
    else
    msgbox "Good work!
    end if