Nested IF statements

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Valued Forum Contributor
    MS-Off Ver
    2010, 2016
    Posts
    1,173

    Nested IF statements

    A cell in Excel contains 8 or 9 IF statements. The cell is returning #VALUE error; meaning there is a flaw in the formula. Is there a way to determine which part of the formula is being caculated without having to go through each IF statement one-by-one? I hope my question is clear. Any help would be great. Thanks.

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    Maximum number of "IF" statements is 7.

  3. #3
    goofy
    Guest

    Re: Nested IF statements

    You can get around that limitation. The following webpage shows how
    using defined names.
    http://www.cpearson.com/excel/nested.htm

  4. #4
    Forum Expert daddylonglegs's Avatar
    England
    MS-Off Ver
    14,675
    What's your formula?

    Often if you're using multiple IFs there's a cleaner way with a LOOKUP function or similar