Grouping

  1. #1

    Question Grouping

    I have two columns: Col A contains part numbers, some of which are the same. Col B contains quantities for each part number. Because some of the part numbers are repeated, I need to add all the quantities for a specific part number.

    How do I SUM the quantities and group the part numbers in one single function? Example:

    Col A Col B

    abc 10
    abc 9
    abc 8
    def 5
    ghi 3
    ghi 8

    I want to end up with:

    Col A Col B
    abc 27
    def 8
    ghi 11

    Please help.
    Jennifer

  2. #2
    CLR
    Guest

    RE: Grouping

    I recommend you check out the Data > SubTotals feature............

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3