Anyone Know How???

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Anyone Know How???

    I've been using data/validation/list to use as a drop down bar, not sure if this is the right way, but anyway. As i've got loads of entrys in it, it takes me ages to find the particular one! Correct me if im wrong, but isn't there a way where you can type the first letter, ie R, then it would drop down to the first one which begins with R (the list would be in alphabetical order). then as you type more letters it narrows it down to the one you want??? If this is the case how is it possible, i've see those combo box thingies (bare with me im fairly new to excel), but is that quite in depth to do this or not???

    Would be gratful if someone can help!!!

  2. #2
    Norman Jones
    Guest

    Re: Anyone Know How???

    Hi Stapleton,

    See Debra Dalgleish at:

    and

    ---
    Regards,
    Norman

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Norman Jones
    Hi Stapleton,

    See Debra Dalgleish at:

    and

    ---
    Regards,
    Norman

    "stapleton2308" <[email protected]>
    wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > I've been using data/validation/list to use as a drop down bar, not sure
    > if this is the right way, but anyway. As i've got loads of entrys in it,
    > it takes me ages to find the particular one! Correct me if im wrong, but
    > isn't there a way where you can type the first letter, ie R, then it
    > would drop down to the first one which begins with R (the list would be
    > in alphabetical order). then as you type more letters it narrows it down
    > to the one you want??? If this is the case how is it possible, i've see
    > those combo box thingies (bare with me im fairly new to excel), but is
    > that quite in depth to do this or not???
    >
    > Would be gratful if someone can help!!!
    >

    > --
    > stapleton2308
    > stapleton2308's Profile:
    > View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=505595

    thanks mate, had a look at it, but is there anyway so it's got nothing to do with the validation cells, and it picks the list from somewhere else?

  4. #4
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: Anyone Know How???

    Not by using validation, you can use a combobox and validation

    Peo Sjoblom

    Portland, Oregon

    "stapleton2308" <[email protected]>
    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by stapleton2308
    thanks mate, had a look at it, but is there anyway so it's got nothing to do with the validation cells, and it picks the list from somewhere else?
    ighghkj gigbnk,m nkbn