Insert New Rows based on COUNTA()

  1. #1

    Insert New Rows based on COUNTA()

    This might not be the right area however i am a newbie to Excel so i figure i'd start here. I have very limited experience with Excel so excuse me if i don't make sense.
    Any Help In The Right Direction Would Be Awesome

    I have a Column full of keywords, and i have a column full of Ad IDs... is there a way in a new sheet to insert the keywords in as many times as there are ads?

    EDIT:
    This needs to be dynamic. If i add/remove a keyword (or Ad) a keyword from sheet 1 it needs to reflect on sheet 2.

    Sheet 1
    Keysword | Ad IDs
    Keyword 1 | 123
    Keyword 2 | 456
    xxxxxxxxx | 789

    Sheet 2
    Keysword | Ad IDs
    Keyword 1 | 123
    Keyword 1 | 456
    Keyword 1 | 789
    Keyword 2 | 123
    Keyword 2 | 456
    Keyword 2 | 789

    I found COUNTA() Which lets me count how many keywords and ads i have, i'm just not sure what to do with those numbers now.
    Last edited by TheDPQ; 01-27-2006 at 09:56 PM.

  2. #2
    Anne Troy
    Guest

    Re: Insert New Rows based on COUNTA()

    If I've got you right, perhaps this will help?
    ************
    Hope it helps!
    Anne Troy
    www.OfficeArticles.com

    "TheDPQ" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  3. #3

    Re: Insert New Rows based on COUNTA()

    You could use a macro:

    Option Explicit
    Sub testme()
    Dim myCol1 As Range
    Dim myCol2 As Range
    Dim myCell1 As Range
    Dim myCell2 As Range
    Dim wks As Worksheet
    Dim newWks As Worksheet
    Dim oRow As Long

    Set wks = Worksheets("Sheet1")

    With wks
    Set myCol1 = .Range("a1", .Cells(.Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp))
    Set myCol2 = .Range("b1", .Cells(.Rows.Count, "B").End(xlUp))
    If myCol1.Cells.Count * myCol2.Cells.Count > .Rows.Count Then
    MsgBox "Too much data!"
    Exit Sub
    End If
    End With