BIG BIG HELP

  1. #1
    Lenny
    Guest

    BIG BIG HELP

    Hi i'm trying to find a solution to a problem i have i have a database of
    some 25000 products in excel csv file. consists of a product code,
    description, cost price and retail price
    what i want to do is have some sort of form that when i enter a product code
    the description cost and retail price comes up. i woulds need to enter many
    and then work with the figures by incressing by percentage or price. at this
    point i would need to click a button to send to another excel csv form
    is it possible and can anyone help in getting me started
    many thanks
    lenny

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    Mobile, AL
    Hi Lenny,

    I have done something similar with the quote module I am building. I can send you the formulas I used in the cells to call up the corresponding data, but I don't know that they will work in a .csv file format. Out of curiousity are you set on using the .csv format for both files?

    Regards,
    Ambeer

    Quote Originally Posted by Lenny

  3. #3
    Lenny
    Guest

    Re: BIG BIG HELP

    amber that would be a great help and no it doesn't have to be a csv file my
    email is [email protected] we could always msn for 5 mins if you
    can spare the time at some time i'll be free anytime

  4. #4
    Forum Contributor
    Mobile, AL
    Great Lenny,

    My fist suggestion is to convert any .csv files to .xls files. This will allow you to access features not available to .csv files.

    Next see the attached file, and let me know if you have any questions. I have given you resouces for using a Index/Match formula. This was a little tricky to me at first, but after you play around with it for awhile it should all start to make sense. If not, feel free to email me at [email protected].

    Good Luck,
    Amber

    Quote Originally Posted by Lenny
    amber that would be a great help and no it doesn't have to be a csv file my
    email is [email protected] we could always msn for 5 mins if you
    can spare the time at some time i'll be free anytime

    > --
    > Amber_D_Laws
    > Amber_D_Laws's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30012
    > View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=506954
    >
    >[/color]
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Amber_D_Laws; 02-01-2006 at 11:52 AM.

  5. #5
    Forum Contributor
    Mobile, AL

    Update to Lenny's Problem

    Please see the emails below. I hope someone can help, and take over where I left off. I tried to include Lenny's file, but it won't let me upload an excel file. If you need to see the file, please contact Lenny directly at:

    [email protected]

    Good Luck Lenny!

    Yeah, just saw that. Somehow, I am not seeing what you are meaning. I have posted what you have so far (as an attachment), and these emails to the forum under the tread you started. I really am not an expert, but I am sure someone there will be able to help on your next phase of development.

    Good Luck,

    Amber D. Laws, PMA
    STL Mobile