paste excel sheet excluding hidden rows

  1. #1
    Bernie
    Guest

    paste excel sheet excluding hidden rows

    I want to copy a sheet containing hidden rows and then copy & paste to a new
    sheet excluding the hidden rows - how can I do this? Normal copy / paste
    pastes the hidden rows too. Thanks, Bernie

  2. #2
    Sydney
    Bernie,
    If the cells were hidden as a result of filtering (Data Filter Autofilter)
    then ALT; (shortcut for GOTO Special Visible Cells only)
    Ctrl C (Copy)
    Ctrl V (Paste)

    Hope it helps
    Regards Mick Barry

  3. #3
    What is the converse of this? What if you want to paste data so that it only goes into rows and cells that remain after autofiltering?

  4. #4
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: paste excel sheet excluding hidden rows

    When you paste, it will paste into a contiguous range, not the visible
    cells in the filtered range.

    Perhaps you could mark the visible rows, by putting an X in an adjacent
    column. Then, sort by the marked column, and paste into the grouped cells.

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List