Floating Vertical Menu bar....Please help

  1. #1

    Lightbulb Floating Vertical Menu bar....Please help

    The following code will make a floating horizontal menu bar, but how can I make it a vertical menu bar? What changes should I make in the code? Please advice.

    Thanks in advance,
    Shashi

    Option Explicit

    Const ToolBarName As String = "User Options"

    'This code runs whenever the workbook is open
    Sub Workbook_Open()

    Call CreateMenubar

    End Sub

    'This code runs before the workbook is closed

    MsgBox "This code ran at Excel close!"
    Call RemoveMenubar

    End Sub

    'This code removes the floating tool bar before closing
    Sub RemoveMenubar()

    On Error Resume Next
    Application.CommandBars(ToolBarName).Delete
    On Error GoTo 0

    End Sub

    'This code creats the floating tool bar
    Sub CreateMenubar()

    Dim iCtr As Long
    Dim temp As Long

    Dim MacNames As Variant
    Dim CapNamess As Variant
    Dim TipText As Variant

    Call RemoveMenubar

    MacNames = Array("aaa", "ab", _
    "bbb")

    CapNamess = Array("AAA Caption", "ab caption", _
    "BBB Caption")

    TipText = Array("AAA tip", "AB tip", _
    "BBB tip")

    With Application.CommandBars.Add
    .Name = ToolBarName
    .Left = 950
    .Top = 100
    .Width = 10000
    .Protection = msoBarNoMove
    .Visible = True
    .Position = msoBarFloating

    For iCtr = LBound(MacNames) To UBound(MacNames)

    With .Controls.Add(Type:=msoControlButton)
    .BeginGroup = True
    .OnAction = "'" & ThisWorkbook.Name & "'!" & MacNames(iCtr)
    .Caption = CapNamess(iCtr)
    .Style = msoButtonIconAndCaption
    .FaceId = 71 + iCtr
    .TooltipText = TipText(iCtr)

    End With

    Next iCtr
    End With
    End Sub

  2. #2
    Forum Moderator Leith Ross's Avatar
    San Francisco, Ca
    MS-Off Ver
    2000, 2003, & 2010
    Posts
    23,258
    Hello Shashi1515,

    You need to reduce the width of the toolbar when you create it. The width now is equal to 10000. Set it to a little larger than a single buttons width, about 22. This should give a column of single buttons in a vertical menu.

    Sincerely.
    Leith Ross

  3. #3

    Floating Vertical Menu bar....Please help

    Leith,

    I tried with 22, it didn't work. The result is same horizontal bar. I even tried with other numbers like 2, 5, 10 etc. None of them made it horizontal. :-(

    Thanks,
    Shashi

  4. #4
    Jim Cone
    Guest

    Re: Floating Vertical Menu bar....Please help

    Shashi,
    Set the width dimension after the buttons are added.
    Jim Cone
    San Francisco, USA

  5. #5

    Floating Vertical Menu bar....Please help

    Thanks Jim....it worked........Thanks a lot.

    ~ Shashi