Week Number

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Decreenisi
    Guest

    Week Number

    Hi, Can anyone help me out please ? I have an excel spreadsheet to
    track reject activity at the customer. In col A is the date (Format
    03-Feb-06). In col B I want to autofill the week number, from the date
    in col A. I also want Col B to be blank if there is no date in col A. I
    think I can do that with =IF(A3>0,FORMULA,""). Lastly, will I have to
    change date format in col A ???
    Thanks in advance, Dunc.

  2. #2
    Valued Forum Contributor
    Boston, MA US
    Posts
    1,094
    The date format does not need to be changed.

    In B1

    =IF(ISBLANK(A1),"",weeknum(A1))

    Drag down entire column.

    Cheers,

    Steve

  3. #3
    Decreenisi
    Guest

    Re: Week Number

    Thanks Steve, that was just perfect.

  4. #4
    wAyne
    Guest

    RE: Week Number

    Try this
    CEILING(DAYS360(DATE(YEAR(A4),1,1),A4)/7,1)

    replace Formula in your Formula with the above -- the If statement you have
    is correct and no you will not need to change date formats...

    wAyne