Yahoo + "Get External Data"

  1. #1

    Yahoo + "Get External Data"

    If you wanted to use the get external data -> web query to download a yahoo finance spreadsheet automatically, is there anyway to get it to download and get it into proper column format automatically?

    E.g., you want to have an automatic spreadsheet from

    http://ichart.finance.yahoo.com/tabl...a=1&b=1&c=1980

    so you use that as the web query, except it downloads it as comma deliminted, NON-COLUMIZED (i.e., just 1 big column). The only way I can figure out how to get it into columns is to manually do it, but certainly there's got to be some way to get it to automatically sort upon download w/o you ahving to click through to tell it to.

  2. #2
    paul
    Guest

    RE: Yahoo + "Get External Data"

    if you have it opened in excel as as you say one W I D E column highlight all
    the data go to the data menu and then text to columns....somehow you can get
    the same dialog before you import your data
    --
    paul
    remove nospam for email addy!