Need for More than 256 Columns

  1. #1
    John in Boston
    Guest

    Need for More than 256 Columns

    Is there another utility, application, or program that can read in a file
    larger than the Excel maximum?

  2. #2
    CLR
    Guest

    Re: Need for More than 256 Columns

    One option I think I would explore would be to only import columns of
    critical need to the task at hand......most import utilities allow you to
    decide whether or not to import each column.......perhaps that would wean it
    down below 256....

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Pete
    Guest

    Re: Need for More than 256 Columns

    If you are trying to import a text file then you have the option to
    skip a column (or more) in the Data Import Wizard.

    Hope this helps.

    Pete

  4. #4
    Forum Contributor
    Kansas, USA
    MS-Off Ver
    I've been told that you can change the default number of columns in Excel via a VBA script, buut I don't know how to do this. Some of the VBA experts here could perhaps address this?

    You may want to consider a database program such as Access.