how do i make text fit into 1 block in 2 or more lines in Excel

  1. #1
    Siwelile
    Guest

    how do i make text fit into 1 block in 2 or more lines in Excel

    i want to know do i make my text fit into 1 block if it is a long sentance
    needing two or three lines . pressing enter in the fromula bar doen't work.

  2. #2
    Niek Otten
    Guest

    Re: how do i make text fit into 1 block in 2 or more lines in Excel

    Format>Cells>Alignment tab, check Wrap text

    --
    Kind regards,

    Niek Otten

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Forum Contributor
    Kansas, USA
    MS-Off Ver
    You can force text to wrap by inserting the vertical bar symbol "|" (above the backslash on most US keyboards.) You may have to adjust the cell height to see the second line.

    ---Glenn

  4. #4
    Forum Contributor
    Kansas, USA
    MS-Off Ver
    Sorry, I guess my age is showing, I was thinking 1-2-3. Use Alt-Enter to force the line wrap within a cell in Excel...