Matching/merging data from two worksheets

  1. #1

    Matching/merging data from two worksheets

    This seems like a simple problem to me, but I haven't got a clue where to start.

    I have two spreadsheets. Spreadsheet A contains teachers and the name of the school they work at. Spreadsheet B contains all schools in the state and the addresses.

    I want to merge the address to the school onto spreadsheet A. In other words, I would like the correct address to appear after the school name for each teacher. The address will be in separate cells.

    I assume a formula using functions would do this. Can you help?

  2. #2
    Bob Tarburton
    Guest

    Re: Matching/merging data from two worksheets

    If Sheet1 has Teacher in column A and School in column B,
    Sheet2 has school in column A and address fields in subsequesnt columns,
    and school name is entered exactly the same on Sheet1 as on Sheet2

    in C1 on Sheet1
    =index(Sheet2!B:B,MATCH($B1,SHEET2!$A:$A,0))
    Copy down and across as needed.
    If your list in Sheet1 does not start in row 1, adjust where you start (C1)
    and what you match (B1).

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3

    Perfect, Thank you Bob!!!!