Derived Columns in Pivot Table

  1. #1
    Forum Contributor

    Derived Columns in Pivot Table

    Is it possible to have a column in Pivot table with values of this column derived from existing columns (like sum,product of values from two or more columns)?

    For example, I have column 1,2,3 and 1000 rows. Now, when I create a pivot table I list different values from column 1 as rows in pivot table and values from column 2 as my columns in pivot table. I get 10 rows (from column 1) and 4 columns (from column 2) in pivot table. Now I want to create third column in pivot table by adding values from first two columns of pivot table.

    Is there any other way to do this without pivot table? I like the fact that in pivot table I can double click on a cell and get all the data behind it in another worksheet.

    Jay

  2. #2
    Gary L Brown
    Guest

    RE: Derived Columns in Pivot Table

    Right-click inside the pivot table and a menu will appear.
    Select...
    Formulas>Calculated Field...

    HTH,
    --