Hard returns in a formula?

  1. #1
    PCLIVE
    Guest

    Hard returns in a formula?

    Is there a way to insert a hard return into a formula that joins text from 2
    or more cells?

    =B1 & B2

    I'd like to have 2 hard returns after B1. Is this possible? The result of
    the formula should appear as:

    "Sentence 1

    Sentence 2"

    Can this be done with a formula?
    Thanks,
    Paul

  2. #2
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: Hard returns in a formula?

    try
    =b1 &" "&b2
    format alignment as wrap text and use as many spaces as necessary

    --
    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    NYC

    Hard Return

    One can also try the key combination Alt-Enter while edit the cell formula.

  4. #4
    PCLIVE
    Guest

    Re: Hard returns in a formula?

    Don,

    This doesn't work due to a limit in formula length. Maybe there's another
    way to do this.

    I have a textbox that is populated by joining the text from multiple cells.
    However, I need the final output (textbox) to be displayed with some hard
    returns. This textbox is supposed to be sort of a preview of what the body
    text of an email will look like when sent.

    I hope this makes since.

    Paul

    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Hard returns in a formula?

    =B1&CHAR(10)&CHAR(10)&B2

    set wraptext and widen the row to suit

    Bob Phillips

  6. #6
    PCLIVE
    Guest

    Re: Hard returns in a formula?

    Very good Bob! That's exactly what I was looking for.

    Thanks for your help.
    Paul