How do I insert a header on an existing Excel sheet?

  1. #1
    JTK
    Guest

    How do I insert a header on an existing Excel sheet?

    I have started an Excel file and then realized I need a header. Can you tell
    me how to insert a Header at this point?

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor keithl816's Avatar
    Georgia
    MS-Off Ver
    On your menu bar go to View/ header-footer /Custom Header

  3. #3
    JTK
    Guest

    Re: How do I insert a header on an existing Excel sheet?

    I tried that and it does not insert the header.

  4. #4
    Doug Kanter
    Guest

    Re: How do I insert a header on an existing Excel sheet?

    "JTK" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    >I have started an Excel file and then realized I need a header. Can you
    >tell
    > me how to insert a Header at this point?

    Press the F1 function key. When Excel help arrives on your screen, type
    "header" into the search window. Some features are best learned this way.

  5. #5

    Re: How do I insert a header on an existing Excel sheet?

    You won't see that header/footer until you do file|print or File|PrintPreview.

    It's different than MSWord.

  6. #6
    Forum Contributor keithl816's Avatar
    Georgia
    MS-Off Ver
    its not going to show up in your spreadsheet, check your print preview.

  7. #7
    Texas Handly

    JTK wrote:
    > I have started an Excel file and then realized I need a header. Can you tell
    > me how to insert a Header at this point?

    JTK

    Do you want a header on the print out of you worksheet or do you want to
    see a set of rows or columns while working on the worksheet?

    The other responses you have received relate to a print out's header.

    To make certain rows or columns always appear as you move down and
    across, place you cursor in the cell immediately below and to the right
    of the rows and columns you always want to see, then Windows | Freeze Panes

    Texas Handly