Pages hidden with manual breaks still print

  1. #1

    Pages hidden with manual breaks still print

    Hi Folks,

    This is my first post here so appologies if I err with protocol.

    I have a sheet with a main first page then a manual page break then another page with manual break and one more, so I have 3 pages all separated with manual breaks.
    Excepting the first page, the other 2 pages can be hidden and unhidden with a simple macro linked to a button. The problem is; when slecting to print only the first 1 or 2 pages, obviously when visible, you get the first page, which is good, but the remaining 1 or 2 come out and are blank.

    I have experiemented with random data on another sheet without macros and the problem seems to be as soon as you add manual breaks to the sheet, then any hidden section will always get printed out as blank.

    Am I missing something?
    I cannot use add-ins.

    Thank you any help,

    Dale

  2. #2

    Re: Pages hidden with manual breaks still print

    Nope. That's the way excel works.

    But there are a few workarounds...

    Copy the visible cells to a new worksheet and print that.

    Copy all the cells to a new worksheet, remove the pagebreaks (and the hidden
    rows) and print that.

    Remove the page breaks, print, and reapply the page breaks.