Pivot Table Date Groups

  1. #1
    MarkN
    Guest

    Pivot Table Date Groups

    Hello,

    I would like to be able to group dates in the row area of a pivot table so
    that items are grouped into Australian financial years (1st July 2005 to 30th
    June 2006 etc). Can this be done? Any help appreciated.
    --
    Thanks,
    MarkN

  2. #2

    aussie dates

    Set up a lookup table on a spare sheet that assigns the correct accounting period to each of the 365 dates in the year, and add an extra column to your spreadsheet headed acc_per

    In that column =vlookup(ord_date, lookuptablename,2)

    Then use acc_per in your pivot table.

  3. #3
    MarkN
    Guest