Closed Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11

URGENT - Calculation not updating

  1. #1

    Exclamation URGENT - Calculation not updating

    Hi all,

    Our company's spreadsheet is not calculating the formulas. Ive checked the options, its on automatic. There is no vb. Not sure what else to check.

    Any help would be much appreciated.

  2. #2
    Anne Troy
    Guest

    Re: URGENT - Calculation not updating

    This can occur if you have ANOTHER workbook open and its calculation is set
    to manual...

    ************
    Hope it helps!
    Anne Troy
    www.OfficeArticles.com
    Check out the NEWsgroup stats!
    Check out: www.ExcelUserConference.com

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Thanks for reply,

    I've closed excel - so there are not excel file running.
    Opened just the one file, but still getting the same thing, even though it on automatic?

    Thanks

  4. #4
    Gizmo63
    Guest

    Re: URGENT - Calculation not updating

    Whoa - how timely is this? Exactly the same problem.

    - no other workbooks open
    - calulation set to auto
    - closed and re-opened Excel (sometimes helps)
    - will calulate by selecting cell - hit F2 - hit enter. This forces it
    through.

    Any other ideas please!!!!!!!!!!

  5. #5
    Anne Troy
    Guest

    Re: URGENT - Calculation not updating

    Need versions, guys. Also, are these user-defined (VBA) functions? Or just
    regular functions/formulas? There are some known issues with Excel 97 and
    UDFs.
    Others may be able to help, but I don't think I could without seeing a
    workbook.
    ************
    Hope it helps!
    Anne Troy
    www.OfficeArticles.com
    Check out the NEWsgroup stats!
    Check out: www.ExcelUserConference.com

    "harpscardiff" <[email protected]>
    news:[email protected]...

  6. #6
    Gizmo63
    Guest

    Re: URGENT - Calculation not updating

    If this isn't the problem here is a freaky workaround that DOES NOT resolve
    the core problem but will at least give you working formulas (assuming any
    protection is removed.

    1. Select the entire spreadsheet
    2. Edit - Replace. Search for "=" Replace with "equalsign"
    3. Then reverse. Replace "equalsign" with "=".

    Effectivly all the formulas are turned into text strings and then converted
    back to formulas.
    It works, it's not ideal but..........if you need numbers.
    Be safe - save it before trying this!

    Someone will have the answer to the core problem, I'm sure.

  7. #7
    Gizmo63
    Guest

    Re: URGENT - Calculation not updating

    Excel 2003 SP1 running in XP Office

    Regular formulae. It's not re-ocurring now so prob put it down as "a feature
    of the system".

    Giz

  8. #8
    Charles Williams
    Guest

    Re: URGENT - Calculation not updating

    Try Ctrl-Alt-F9 to force a full calculation.

    Charles
    ______________________
    Decision Models
    FastExcel 2.1 now available
    www.DecisionModels.com

    "harpscardiff" <[email protected]>
    news:[email protected]...

  9. #9
    I'm running excel 2003, xp (sp2)
    tried all of the above.
    no udf's
    I also had to reboot the PC and restart excel to get it working, but then its stops after a while!

    Someone must have the key???

    Cheers

  10. #10
    Giz, have you tired detect and repair?

    Not working for me.

  11. #11
    Gizmo63
    Guest

    Re: URGENT - Calculation not updating

    A nice tip to remember. Like it!!!!!!!!!!