Drawing in Excel-Can you use excel to draw shapes

  1. #1
    Forum Contributor
    Bristol
    MS-Off Ver

    Question Drawing in Excel-Can you use excel to draw shapes

    Can you use excel to draw shapes by entering data in cells that represent co-ordinates and line lengths?

  2. #2
    CLR
    Guest

    re: Drawing in Excel-Can you use excel to draw shapes

    One can "draw" in Excel, but the manner of which you speak is not a regular
    supported feature. It's not easy to set up, but with the appropriate code
    and AutoCAD, one can enter data in Excel and get a drawing in AutoCAD.

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

  3. #3
    Forum Contributor
    Bristol
    MS-Off Ver

    Thanks

    Thanks for your reply.

    I didnt want to use autocad but was just interested if you could draw in excel to draw simple boxes but using a method of co-ordinates and data in some cells that would represent lengths of lines etc.

  4. #4
    CLR
    Guest

    re: Drawing in Excel-Can you use excel to draw shapes

    Yes, although it is not ordinary, one can do what you ask inside Excel, with
    VBA.

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3