please help

  1. #1

    please help

    i have a spreadsheet im working on, but i want it to do somthing i dont know if it can do. here is my problem

    A B C H
    1 A1 B1 C1 H1
    2 A2 B2 C2
    3 A3 B3 C3
    4 A4 B4 C4
    5 A5 B5 C5

    so i want H1 to = a range 0f data. i want it to look in column A for certain criteria, and if that row in column A meets the criteria it takes that same rows column C value and adds them together. so if it were to be a logical test it would be somthing like this

    if A1:A5= A2,A4,A5. then take the sum of C2,C4,C5. and put it in H1

    let me know if you guys understand what im looking for.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    RagDyer
    Guest

    Re: please help

    Let's say that the "certain criteria" is in D1,

    Then try this:

    =SUMIF(A1:A5,D1,C1:C5)

    --
    HTH,

    RD

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3

    Re: please help

    =sumif(a1:a5,a1,c1:c5)

  4. #4
    i dont think thats is what i need, say cell A1 says X and Cell A2 says Y and Cell3 says Z i want Cell H1 to look at the cells for the criteria of either X and Z and list the Total of the corrisponding Column

    .. A B H
    1 X 1 =4 or b1 + b3
    2 Y 2
    3 Z 3