auto sum in lower right corner does not appear when I highlight ce

  1. #1
    frustrated financial person
    Guest

    auto sum in lower right corner does not appear when I highlight ce

    The lower right corner of my screen used to show the total of the cells that
    I highlighted on my spreadsheet. Now that no longer appears. How do I get
    it back?

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    Kansas, USA
    MS-Off Ver
    Right-click the bar in the lower rh corner where the sum used to appear (actually you can click anywhere to the right of the "Ready"). Select SUM from the drp-down list. Note you have several other options to choose from.

    ---Glenn

  3. #3
    Karly Wai
    Guest

    Re: auto sum in lower right corner does not appear when I highligh

    I had the same problem as the frustrated financial person but the ready bar
    has disappeared on my excel sheet as well. I cant seem to raise it using the
    arrow. What can I do to get auto sum back?

  4. #4

    Re: auto sum in lower right corner does not appear when I highligh

    Make sure that the statusbar is visible
    tools|Options|view tab|check statusbar

    And then select at least two cells with numbers in them.

    Do you see the sum?

    If you see some other function, then rightclick on that statusbar and choose
    Sum.