conditional format a date in Excel

  1. #1
    copteral
    Guest

    conditional format a date in Excel

    I am trying to use conditional formatting to show when a date is less than 30
    days in the future. When I use "cell value" "is less than" "="Now()+30" all
    the dates change.

  2. #2
    Forum Expert
    England
    MS-Off Ver
    1,500
    I am trying to use conditional formatting to show when a date is less than 30
    days in the future. When I use "cell value" "is less than" "="Now()+30" all
    the dates change.

    lose the quotes in the condition =Now()+30

    Unless you mean between today and 30 days in the future in which case =now() would be the first condition and =now()+30 would be the second

    Also now() returns the date and time is this what you require often today() which just returns the date is preferable

    Regards

    Dav

  3. #3
    copteral
    Guest

    Re: conditional format a date in Excel

    Thanks for the quick response, actually, the Excel (computer) puts the quotes
    in. I did finally find a Discussion from 2004 that helped also by using
    Today() instead of Now() and got it to work.

    Al

  4. #4
    flummi
    Guest

    Re: conditional format a date in Excel

    If this is still open:

    Your date in B1:

    select format-->conditional format
    select "formula is"
    type =B1<today()+30
    click "format"
    select the formatting you want
    click ok
    click ok
    copy B1 and "paste special-->format" into all cells that need
    formatting.

    Is that what you wanted?

    Hans

  5. #5