Pulling info from a master over to other worksheets.

  1. #1

    Arrow Pulling info from a master over to other worksheets.

    I have 188 stores, with 18 different possibilities. ie: store # 1, Western, Fabric, L&G Zone 1, L&G Zone 1A.

    If I have the master with all of the columns checked (coded) for each store, how can I pull the stores that meet certain cirteria over to a new worksheet?

    What I know about Excel is very little. I have tried reading the book and looking in the forum for help but can't come up with a solution.

    I have worked mostly with VLOOKUP, HLOOKUP, and IF formulas. Beyond that I'm lost.
    Last edited by CBrausa; 02-21-2006 at 10:56 AM.

  2. #2
    Pete_UK
    Guest

    Re: Pulling info from a master over to other worksheets.

    You can set up filters to select the stores which meet certain
    criteria. Then you can highlight the visible rows and copy them to
    another sheet.

    Hope this helps.

    Pete

  3. #3
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: Pulling info from a master over to other worksheets.

    Hi CBrausa

    You can find a code example here
    http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy5.htm

    --
    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Ron-Am I going to use VBA for this?
    Each store could have 1, 2, 5 or more special codes that would qualify them for a special list (worksheet).
    If I use the section, you refered me to, to Create a new workbook for all Unique values do I just do the advance filter? or do I have to do everything in your tip?
    I have had no training in Excel. What I know I've figured out pretty much on my own. Your patience and guidance appreciated.

  5. #5
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: Pulling info from a master over to other worksheets.

    Hi CBrausa

    The code is doing everything for you
    You can send me your test workbook if you want and I will add the code for you
    On which column do you want to filter ?

  6. #6
    Ron-
    I can't zip the file. Program not on my machine. Will attach file in the A.M.
    thanks for your help.

  7. #7
    Ron-
    Please find attached the file I am working with.
    Cathy
    Attached Files Attached Files

  8. #8
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: Pulling info from a master over to other worksheets.

    I can't see this file because I am not on Excelforum.com
    Send me the file private (mail address on my site)

    If it is to big then delete some rows and send that version
    And tell me on which column you want to filter