second highest value

  1. #1

    but i want 2190
    which is A7 to be the second result

    what formula do i have to use

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: second highest value

    =MAX(IF(A1:A9<LARGE(A1:A9,1),A1:A9))

    which is an array formula, it should be committed with Ctrl-Shift-Enter, not
    just Enter.

    Bob Phillips

    "Pivotrend" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Ron Rosenfeld
    Guest

    Re: second highest value

    On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 07:09:22 -0600, Pivotrend
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >cells
    >
    >A1:2200
    >A2:2100
    >A3:2200
    >A4:2200
    >A5:2200
    >A6:2180
    >A7:2190
    >A8:2200
    >A9:2100
    >
    >i know the formula =LARGE(A1:A9,1)
    >i get 2200
    >which is A1 A3 A4 A5 A8
    >but i want the second one in value
    >
    >when i type =LARGE(A1:A9,2)
    >i get 2200
    >but i want 2190
    >which is A7 to be the second result
    >
    >what formula do i have to use

    Download and install Longre's free morefunc.xll add-in from
    http://xcell05.free.fr

    Then use this formula:

    =LARGE(UNIQUEVALUES(rng),2)

    --ron

  4. #4
    Registered User Pivotrend's Avatar
    didn't work
    i still need to know the formula & what to change in the formula to get the second Highest value , third , forth , fifth & so on

  5. #5
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: second highest value

    In what way did it not work, it worked fine for me.

  6. #6
    Ron Rosenfeld
    Guest

    Re: second highest value

    On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 09:36:23 -0600, Pivotrend
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >didn't work
    >i still need to know the formula & what to change in the formula to get
    >the second Highest value , third , forth , fifth & so on

    What does "didn't work" mean, exactly?

    It is difficult to troubleshoot with such a nebulous description of the
    problem.

    So far as what to change to get at the third, fourth, etc., look at HELP for
    the LARGE command.

    --ron

  7. #7
    Registered User Pivotrend's Avatar
    it keeps showing the second value only
    not the third or forth or fifth.........

    what do i need to change in the formula to get the second value , third , forth , fifth & so on