updating date!

  1. #1
    Forum Contributor

    updating date!

    hi all!

    i am updating a worksheet on daily basis and one of the cell is having the formula =(TODAY()-1), since i am updating the figures of the earlier day!
    what i want is when i am opening the file on Monday as well as on any other day immediately following a holiday (will be defined by me) the cell should automatically skip the "Sunday" and the other "Holidays"!!

    hlp pl!!

    -via135

  2. #2
    Pete_UK
    Guest

    Re: updating date!

    If you use another cell to enable you to record the number of extra
    days to omit, eg in A1, then your formula could be amended as follows:

    =(TODAY()-1-A1)

    If A1 is blank or zero it will act like your current formula. If it is
    Monday after a normal weekend, enter 2 into A1. If it is the first day
    back after a 4-day holiday, enter 4 in A1. And so on.

    Hope this helps.

    Pete

  3. #3
    Fred Smith
    Guest

    Re: updating date!

    I can help you out on the Mondays.

    =today()-if(mod(today()-2,7)=0,3,1)

    will return Friday if today is a Monday, else the previous day.

    For holidays, you'll probably have to build a table and use Lookup or Match.

    Fred

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Forum Contributor

    updating date!

    thks both of you Pete & Smith!

    but.. using a holiday range would even better??!!

    -via135

    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Smith