Chg existing cells fr Proper to Upper w/o re-typing.

  1. #1
    stacylynnbug
    Guest

    Chg existing cells fr Proper to Upper w/o re-typing.

    I have several workbooks that have several worksheets that need a particular
    group of cells to be in Upper Case. These cells are currently occupied with
    proper case words. Can I change them to Upper case without having to retype
    all the information in these cells? If so, how?

  2. #2
    Bob Umlas
    Guest

    Re: Chg existing cells fr Proper to Upper w/o re-typing.

    in a parallel range, enter =UPPER(A1) (or wherever the data is) & fill down'
    Copy the result, paste/special values onto the original; remove the
    formulas.
    Bob Umlas
    Excel MVP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Valued Forum Contributor
    Boston, MA US
    Posts
    1,094
    You can use the UPPER function.

    =UPPER(A1) where your text is in A1. Copy down as needed.

    HTH

    Steve