add, multiply then divide

  1. #1

    add, multiply then divide

    Hi All,
    I am not a regular user as you will certainly tell of Excel, but am trying to come up with a worksheet for our company that computes how long it takes to complete certain steps of an installation job. What I need to do, in one column is to put a numerical value in minutes, this will be over several cells, then have it add those numbers, multiply it by 150, which is the number of items I am setting it up to figure, then divide that number by 60, to come up with total hours to complete the job. Hope that makes sense and thanks to anyone offering any help.

  2. #2
    Forum Expert daddylonglegs's Avatar
    England
    MS-Off Ver
    14,675
    If your minutes are in cells A1:A20

    =SUM(A1:A20)*150/60

  3. #3
    geezzz..that was easy. thanks so much for the quick answer. I wish I would of found this forum about 5 hours ago

  4. #4
    Fred Smith
    Guest

    Re: add, multiply then divide

    You're right, Zetman. The Excel gurus on this forum are amazing. And easy to get
    along with, too.

    Fred

    news:[email protected]...