Copy, Cut, Paste

  1. #1

    Copy, Cut, Paste

    Can I have the macro code which would disable 'cut & paste' but at the same time allow 'copy & paste' in a workbook.

  2. #2
    Jim Rech
    Guest

    Re: Copy, Cut, Paste

    This code may help you. It also disables Copy but I commented those
    sections out. Note that to disable Cut you also have to turn off Drag and
    Drop, and disable Tools, Options so that D&D cannot be turned back on.

    Dim DragDrop As Boolean

    ''Run this is disable Cut
    Sub SetEunuchMode()
    CopyCutOff False
    End Sub

    ''Reset
    Sub SetRegMode()
    CopyCutOff True
    End Sub

    Sub CopyCutOff(OnOff As Boolean)
    SetCtrl 21, OnOff ''Cut
    'SetCtrl 19, OnOff ''Copy
    SetCtrl 522, OnOff ''Options
    CtrlKeys OnOff
    CtrlDragDrop OnOff

    ''This controls whether
    ''View, Toolbars is enabled
    ''Commandbars context menu is enabled.
    CommandBars("Toolbar List").Enabled = OnOff

    If Val(Application.Version) >= 10 Then SetDisableCustomize OnOff
    End Sub

    Sub SetCtrl(CtrlNum As Integer, Allow As Boolean)
    Dim Ctrls As CommandBarControls
    Dim Ctrl As CommandBarControl
    Set Ctrls = CommandBars.FindControls(, CtrlNum)
    If Not Ctrls Is Nothing Then
    For Each Ctrl In Ctrls
    Ctrl.Enabled = Allow
    Next

    Sub CtrlKeys(Allow As Boolean)
    With Application
    If Allow Then
    .OnKey "^x"
    .OnKey "+{DELETE}"
    '.OnKey "^c"
    '.OnKey "^{INSERT}"
    Else
    .OnKey "^x", ""
    .OnKey "+{DELETE}", ""
    '.OnKey "^c", ""
    '.OnKey "^{INSERT}", ""
    End If
    End With
    End Sub

    Sub CtrlDragDrop(Allow As Boolean)
    With Application
    If Allow Then
    .CellDragAndDrop = DragDrop
    Else ''Kill
    DragDrop = .CellDragAndDrop ''Save user's setting
    .CellDragAndDrop = False
    End If
    End With
    End Sub

    ''Must be in a sub that is only called if running Excel 2002 or later
    ''This controls whether
    '' Customize menuitem appears on View, Toolbars **
    '' Customize menuitem appears on commandbars context menu **
    '' Customize dialog appears when toolbar area is double-clicked
    '' Tools, Customize is enabled
    ''** These two effects aren't actually needed when
    '' CommandBars("Toolbar List").Enabled = False is run as
    '' above since the entire Toolbars menu is disabled but
    '' no harm and we need the other two effects.
    Sub SetDisableCustomize(OnOff As Boolean)
    Application.CommandBars.DisableCustomize = Not OnOff

    Jim
    news:[email protected]...