challange Please Help

  1. #1

    challange Please Help

    If I may Please request Help with a big challenge:

    I have a drop down list of codes, the codes read 1/5's, 1/5 & 1, 1/5 & 2 and so on. I want to set this up so that when you pick from the drop down list a code it will fill in the cell next to it the value that the code referenced. Example: OK 1/5 = .95 so when you chose 1/5 from the list the next cell reads .95. I have all the values to reference. I just do not know to do this and write the code for it. Your help will be most appreciated.

    Thank you,
    Michael D Bay

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: challange Please Help

    If you have a list of the values then build a table of codes and values and
    then use VLOOKUP

    =VLOOKUP(dv_value,lookup_table,2,False)

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...