Copy

  1. #1
    Forum Contributor
    Multan. Pakistan

    Question Copy

    Dear Friends,

    I have a table with three col . Col A contains Date values Col B and C have other numeric data. I would like to copy from specific date range and then paste into sheet2 using userForm having combobox1 "From Date" and Combobox2 "To Date." and when we click the OK botton the specific data will copy into sheet2.

    Please Code for the above.

    Thanks and Regards,

    Syed Haider Ali

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Copy

    Assume the data is on Sheet1 with a header row on row1 and the first date in
    A2. Further assume the dates are sorted ascending in column A. Assume your
    OK commandbutton is named cbtnOK.

    Private Sub cbtnOK_click()
    Dim rng as Range, rng1 as Range
    Dim rng2 as Range, res as Variant
    Dim res1 as Variant
    with worksheets("Sheet1")
    set rng = .range(.cells(2,1),.cells(2,1).End(xldown))

    res = Application.Match(clng(cdate(Combobox1.Text)), rng, 0)
    res1 = Application.Match(clng(cdate(Combobox2.Text)), rng, 0)
    set rng1 = rng(res)
    set rng2 = rng(res1)
    .Range(rng1,rng2).Resize(,3).Copy _
    worksheets("Sheet2").Cells(rows.count,1).End(xlup)(2)
    End With
    End sub

    Tom Ogilvy

    "Syed Haider Ali"
    <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Copy

    That also assumed that each row would have a unique date.

    another approach, perhaps simple would be

    .Range(rng(Combobox1.ListIndex + 1), _
    rng(Combobox2.ListIndex + 1)).Resize(,3).Copy _
    Destination:=Worksheets("Sheet2") _
    .Cells(rows.count,1).End(xlup)(2)

    The original code can be adjusted to handle non unique dates if the dates
    are ordered.

    Tom Ogilvy

    "Tom Ogilvy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Assume the data is on Sheet1 with a header row on row1 and the first date

    in
    > A2. Further assume the dates are sorted ascending in column A. Assume

    your
    > OK commandbutton is named cbtnOK.
    >
    > Private Sub cbtnOK_click()
    > Dim rng as Range, rng1 as Range
    > Dim rng2 as Range, res as Variant
    > Dim res1 as Variant
    > with worksheets("Sheet1")
    > set rng = .range(.cells(2,1),.cells(2,1).End(xldown))
    >
    > res = Application.Match(clng(cdate(Combobox1.Text)), rng, 0)
    > res1 = Application.Match(clng(cdate(Combobox2.Text)), rng, 0)
    > set rng1 = rng(res)
    > set rng2 = rng(res1)
    > .Range(rng1,rng2).Resize(,3).Copy _
    > worksheets("Sheet2").Cells(rows.count,1).End(xlup)(2)
    > End With
    > End sub
    >
    > --
    > Regards,