Ratios

  1. #1
    alice
    Guest

    Ratios

    I'm trying to display the ratio between two cells so that it looks like 2:1.

    How do I go about this?

    Alice

  2. #2
    Roger Govier
    Guest

    Re: Ratios

    Hi Alice

    In a post yesterday, JE McGimpsey answered the following

    > Hi! I am trying to figure out how to express a ratio in excel. I
    > need to
    > express the following: 1.20:1 instead of just 1.20. Can I do that
    > somehow?

    with

    >One way:

    >Format/Cells/Number/Custom 0.00\:1

    I hope this helps

    --
    Regards

    Roger Govier

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Forum Contributor

    ratios

    assume 1.20 is in cell A1

    in cell A2 enter concatenate(A1,":1")

    if you only want to use cell A1 format the cell selecting custom,
    choose 0.00 and then type in ":1" after the last zero

    robert111