Copy/Paste Macro

  1. #1
    Forum Contributor

    Copy/Paste Macro

    One sheet one I have a table containing transaction data B4:J514 (the first row is the header). In the "C" Column contains the transaction date. Sheet one contains all transactions ever recorded.

    One sheet two I would like to have a macro that I can select a month from a dropdown list and run the macro to see the transactions for that month populate in the fields E4:M30.

    The reason a auto filter will not work is that I have some formulas that will do reporting based on the data in sheet 2 E4:M30.

    I have already created a dropdown list (cell H2) on sheet 2 containing the month/year I want to view. I am just not sure how to make the macro to look for the dates on sheet one that match and copy them over.

    Please help

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Copy/Paste Macro

    Have you looked at the Subtotal worksheet function which will work with the
    visible cells in a filtered range (it is multifunction - not just summing)

    If that won't work, then you can still us an autofilter and copy the data.
    Only the visible rows are copied.

    sample code using an autofilter is at Ron de Bruin's site:
    http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy5.htm
    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...