If value in column is yes; entire line turns red

  1. #1

    If value in column is yes; entire line turns red

    I am setting up a new feature in my client database. The last column will be (Any outstanding debts) if the value in this column is YES (or 1 if it needs to be a number) I would like the whole line (from contact details to handphone number) to be written in red.
    This will allow for a quick scan of my bad clients in terms of payment.

    Any help here on how to do this is much appreciated =)

  2. #2
    Ken Johnson
    Guest

    Re: If value in column is yes; entire line turns red

    Hi Geert,
    Say column J is the last column, the column with the YES for
    outstanding debts, and your data base rows are from row 2 to row 100.
    1. Select your database cells
    2. Go Format>Conditional formatting...
    3. If the box below Condition 1 shows "Cell Value Is" click on the
    arrow and select "Formula Is"
    4. In the box to the right type =$J2:$J100 = "YES"
    5. Click on the Format... button
    6. Change the font color to red then click OK on the Format Cells
    dialog
    7. Click on the OK button on the Conditional Formatting dialog.

    Ken Johnson

  3. #3
    Chris Marlow
    Guest

    RE: If value in column is yes; entire line turns red

    Hi,

    Look at conditional formatting (Select all of the rows you want & then
    'Format', 'Conditional Formatting').

    Choose 'Formula Is', your formula will need to be something like;

    =IF(B$6="Yes",TRUE,FALSE)

    Set the background on the 'Patterns' tab that appears when you hit 'Format
    ....'

    Regards,

    Chris.

    --