Sub-Categories for X-axis labels, line on bar chart?

  1. #1
    New York

    Sub-Categories for X-axis labels, line on bar chart?

    I am making a vertical bar graph for pH solutions of various drug reagents. I would like to graph all my results on one chart. Preferrably, with the drug as the group label on the x-axis with multiple samples in each group. For example, samples 2, 36, and 45 I would like their resulted pH plotted in the coc group and samples 5,17, and 29 I would like their pH's plotted in the amp group. The chart should show the drug groups on the x-axis with the sample names directly on the bar itself. Just to complicate this a little further, I would also like to plot a min and max line for each drug group on this bar chart. How can I do this? Thanks in advance for any help.

  2. #2
    Tushar Mehta
    Guest

    RE: Sub-Categories for X-axis labels, line on bar chart?

    To address the first part of your problem...

    Assuming the data are organized in 3 columns as:
    Group Sample Result
    all you need to do is create a PivotTable w/an associated PivotChart (Data |
    PivotTable and PivotChart Report...) Put the group and the sample as the 2
    row fields and add the result as the data field.

    Tushar Mehta
    http://www.tushar-mehta.com
    Custom business solutions leveraging a multi-disciplinary approach