Pivot Table question

  1. #1

    Pivot Table question

    Is there a way to automatically hide data with results = 0 on a pivot table? I have a long list of output, but the majority of data points are = 0. I only want to show output with positivr results, thereby limiting the size of the table.

  2. #2
    Max
    Guest

    Re: Pivot Table question

    "Stevek" wrote:
    > Is there a way to automatically hide data with results = 0 on a pivot
    > table? I have a long list of output, but the majority of data points
    > are = 0. I only want to show output with positivr results, thereby
    > limiting the size of the table.

    Try the extract below, taken from Debra Dalgleish's response
    to a previous similar query at:
    http://tinyurl.com/5xlen

    -------- quote -----
    You could use a macro to hide the rows. For example:

    '=============================
    Sub HidePivotZeroRows()
    'hide worksheet rows that contain all zeros
    Dim rng As Range
    For Each rng In ActiveSheet _
    .PivotTables(1).DataBodyRange.Rows
    If Application.Sum(rng) = 0 Then
    rng.EntireRow.Hidden = True
    Else
    'unhide any previously hidden rows
    rng.EntireRow.Hidden = False
    End If
    Next rng
    End Sub
    '=================================

    Or for Excel 2002 or later:
    '==========================
    Sub HideZeroRowTotals()
    'hide rows that contain zero totals
    'by Debra Dalgleish
    Dim r As Integer
    Dim rTop As Integer
    Dim i As Integer
    Dim pt As PivotTable
    Dim pf As PivotField
    Dim df As PivotField
    Dim pi As PivotItem
    Dim pd As Range
    Dim str As String
    Set pt = Sheets("Pivot").PivotTables(1)
    Set df = pt.PivotFields("Units") 'data field
    Set pf = pt.PivotFields("Rep") 'column field
    rTop = 4 'number of rows before data starts
    For Each pi In pf.PivotItems
    On Error Resume Next
    pi.Visible = True
    Next pi
    i = pf.PivotItems.Count + rTop
    For r = i To rTop - 1 Step -1
    On Error Resume Next
    str = Cells(r, 1).Value
    Set pd = pt.GetPivotData(df.Value, pf.Value, str)
    If pd.Value = 0 Then
    pf.PivotItems(str).Visible = False
    End If
    Next r

    End Sub
    '===================================

    suhair wrote:
    > Hi,
    > Can i get help!!
    > I have a pivot table, and in the data i have a sum of
    > quantity of items, i dont want to see items that there
    > sum is zero, (the zero is because of number of records
    > that there sum is zero!!!).
    > Can u help me to hide these items?
    > Thank you,
    > Suhair

    --- unquote ---

    --
    Max
    Singapore

  3. #3
    Forum Contributor
    another possible approach..
    Assuming the data is in the spreadsheet, in the column next to the value column just use a formula like =if(<cell>=0,"hide","display"). Include the column in the pivot data range and then just put this column label in the PAGE area and select only "display".

    regards..