Closed Thread
Results 1 to 3 of 3

print the balance of second page on same page

  1. #1
    Irshad Alam
    Guest

    print the balance of second page on same page

    I have a sheet which has several columns and hundred of rows.

    Now I need to print only first two column, which I have selected and set the
    print area. Its fine, on preview it shows normal. the first page, second
    page etc.
    BUt my requirement is that before moving to next page, is it possible to
    print at the side of the same page as it has enough space, so that it can
    reduce my pages.
    For example, I word and and Ms Access we have this option that for printing
    we increase the number of colunm and its width.

    Please advise its method to be done.

    Regards.

    Irshad

  2. #2
    Joker
    Guest

    RE: print the balance of second page on same page

    One way is to create a formula on the next sheet of your workbook. Sheet 2
    for example. In cell A1 type = then go back to the first page and click on
    cell A1 on that sheet. Hit Enter. Your formula in cell A1 of sheet 2 will be
    =Sheet1!A1. You can copy this formula down the column until you get to the
    bottom of the page (lets say there are 52 rows for page 1. Repeat for column
    B. Now you can do the formula in cell D1 but it will be =Sheet!A53. Copy this
    formula down the column until you get to D52. Repeat for column E. All of the
    pertinant information you need from Sheet 1 will be pulled into Sheet 2 and
    you can just print that sheet. Hope this helps.

  3. #3
    Forum Expert
    Waikato, New Zealand
    MS-Off Ver
    2010 @ work & 2007 @ home
    Posts
    2,243
    Hi Irshad,

    I'm sure I have seen a solution to your problem recently, however my quick Google didn't find it. The best suggestion I spotted was on Dave Ritchie's page: http://www.geocities.com/davemcritch...l/snakecol.htm

    - I haven't tried it but it may help you.

    Hth
    Rob Brockett
    NZ
    Always learning & the best way to learn is to experience...

Closed Thread