Can I Turn off Absolute $

  1. #1
    SusieQInOregon
    Guest

    Can I Turn off Absolute $

    Hi
    When I am linking two excel sheets, and I click on the 2nd, the formula
    always comes back with =+'[Workbook2]Tab2'!$K$12
    with an absolute $ around the cell I've linked to.

    Is there a way so this does not automatically link as an absolute? Thanks!

  2. #2
    Forum Moderator davesexcel's Avatar
    Regina
    MS-Off Ver
    MS 365
    Posts
    13,485
    hit F4 when you have the cell range highlited, hit the key a couple times until the $ signs are gone

  3. #3
    SusieQInOregon
    Guest

    Re: Can I Turn off Absolute $

    Hi Dave,

    Thanks. I appreciate the response, but that's already what I do. I was
    hoping for a way to turn off the $$ as the default so I don't have to click
    in and hit the F4 over and over. (Trying to save keystrokes due to tendinitis
    in my arms).

    Anyone else have any ideas?