Setting Reference to another WorkBook-Problem

  1. #1
    Forum Contributor

    Setting Reference to another WorkBook-Problem

    I need to set a reference to a WorkBook containing a custom Function which I wish to use in my code in the ActiveWorkbook. I seem to have followed the necessary procedure but still draw the error message "Name conflicts with existing module, project or object library"

    The procedure is as follows: In the VBE, Tools-->References-->Browse to locate required file-->Select File : Click Open to add a checkBox of VBAProject to the REFERENCES Dialogbox. At this stage, clicking OK should complete the process with the required reference added and evidenced by its addition to the Reference Module but I have the above reported error to reward my efforts.

    What am I doing wrong?

    Thanks for any help.

    David

  2. #2
    Chip Pearson
    Guest

    Re: Setting Reference to another WorkBook-Problem

    Change the project name of the workbook containing the functions
    from the default "VBAProject" to something unique like
    MyFunctions. To do this, in VBA go to the Tools menu, choose
    VBAProject Properties, and change the name in that dialog.

    Then, you can set a reference from another workbook to
    MyFunctions.

    --
    Cordially,
    Chip Pearson

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Forum Contributor
    Many thanks Chip!

    It's great to have people like you around. I'm grateful.

    david.