Possible to Filter a Listbox on a form?

  1. #1

    Lightbulb Possible to Filter a Listbox on a form?

    Hi, I have a form with a listbox on it. The listbox is populated from a range on a worksheet.

    Is it possible to filter the list box so that it only shows the data based on an entry in a text box or selection in a combo box?

    Thanks for any assistanc offered

  2. #2
    Jim Cone
    Guest

    Re: Possible to Filter a Listbox on a form?

    s,

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/213748/en-us
    XL2000: How to Populate One List Box Based on Another List Box

    Jim Cone
    San Francisco, USA

    "skuzapo" wrote in message...
    Hi, I have a form with a listbox on it. The listbox is populated from a
    range on a worksheet.
    Is it possible to filter the list box so that it only shows the data
    based on an entry in a text box or selection in a combo box?
    Thanks for any assistanc offered
    skuzapo

  3. #3
    Thanks for your input Jim but does this work for one list box being governed by the entry in a text box or a selection in a combo box?

  4. #4
    Jim Cone
    Guest

    Re: Possible to Filter a Listbox on a form?

    The referenced article uses two list boxes.
    One box has a list of States in the USA.
    When you select a state the other list box will display cities in that state.
    Jim Cone

  5. #5
    The problem I'm having with this is that the list contains a few thousand lines. I need to be able to filter the listbox to show just one record - based on the entry in a textbox.

    Any further help would be appreciated.
    Thanks

  6. #6
    Jim Cone
    Guest

    Re: Possible to Filter a Listbox on a form?

    Maybe...

    Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
    ListBox1.RowSource = vbNullString
    ListBox1.AddItem TextBox1.Value