How do I name a group of cells?

  1. #1
    barronka
    Guest

    How do I name a group of cells?

    I am trying to set up a hyperlink on one worksheet in a workbook that will
    point to and highlight a group of cells in another worksheet in that same
    workbook. I am using Excel 2003.

  2. #2
    Doug Kanter
    Guest

    Re: How do I name a group of cells?

    "barronka" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    >I am trying to set up a hyperlink on one worksheet in a workbook that will
    > point to and highlight a group of cells in another worksheet in that same
    > workbook. I am using Excel 2003.

    To name cells, highlight them, and do either of two things:

    Click Insert, Name, Define, and enter a name.

    or:

    Click the mouse in the name box at the top left, where you normally see the
    address of the current cell. Type a name there for either a single cell, or
    whatever range you have selected.

  3. #3

    Arrow

    1 Define the group of cells by: Insert>Name>Define>
    2 Create a name for the group of cells, in the refers to box, indicate location of your group of cells.
    3 Select cell where you want to put the hyperlink
    4 Insert>Hyperlink
    5 Select Place in this document
    6 Select the named range under Defined Names
    Hope this helps

    Quote Originally Posted by barronka