Can't copy & paste - "merged cells must be identically sized"

  1. #1
    Rayo K
    Guest

    Can't copy & paste - "merged cells must be identically sized"

    I have a spreadsheet with three rows of IDENTICALLY SIZED merged cells
    consisting of 1 row and 2 columns, stacked in rows. The row height for all
    three rows is 40. The column widths are: D, 26.57 E, 5.14. The three cells
    represent the top three issues on a summary sheets and so the contents
    frequently move up and down. I cannot copy and paste. Whenever I try, it says
    "This operation requires the merged cells to be identically sized". But they
    are identically sized! What else could it be referring to other than the row
    height and column widths? Is there some other property Excel wants me to make
    equal that it calls "size"?

  2. #2
    Valued Forum Contributor mudraker's Avatar
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    3,983
    Rayo

    Merged cell sizes refers to the number of cells that are merged together

    eg a1 to c1, a1 to d4

    If you try and paste into an area that has merged cells and what you are copying is not the same or larger size than the meged cells then you will get the error message that you are getting

  3. #3
    Rayo K
    Guest

    Re: Can't copy & paste - "merged cells must be identically sized"

    All three merged cells each consist of exactly two cells merged together.

  4. #4
    Rayo K