an if question

  1. #1

    an if question

    hey guy's
    A1 = 500-400, but if A1 equals a negative then i need A1 to equal 0.
    please help.

    thanks,
    jason

  2. #2
    Forum Expert Ron Coderre's Avatar
    Boston, Massachusetts
    MS-Off Ver
    2013, 2016, O365
    Posts
    6,996
    Try this:

    A1: =MAX(500-400,0)

    Does that give you something to work with?

    Regards,
    Ron

  3. #3
    Fred Smith
    Guest

    Re: an if question

    There's no formula which would set A1 to 0 if it was negative. You could do this
    with a macro, but I doubt you need to go to this much trouble. Your likely best
    bets are:

    1. If there currently is a formula in A1, then change it to an IF statement, as
    in:

    =if(b1-c1<0,0,b1-c1)

    2. If you have other formulas referring to A1, have them test for a negative
    value first.

    Fred

    "jwfakouri" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    tjtjjtjt
    Guest