how to dispaly date as Mon 2 Dec

  1. #1
    Simon Le Page
    Guest

    how to dispaly date as Mon 2 Dec

    Hello,
    I need to create a forumula to change the date format from 2/12 to display
    the day & date "Mon 2 Dec"
    Thank You

  2. #2
    Valued Forum Contributor mudraker's Avatar
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    3,983
    Simon

    change cell format to ddd dd mmm

    or for a formula format use =TEXT(A1,"ddd dd mmm")

  3. #3

    Re: how to dispaly date as Mon 2 Dec

    You could just use a custom format:
    ddd d mmm

  4. #4
    JudithJubilee
    Guest

    RE: how to dispaly date as Mon 2 Dec

    Hello Simon Le Page,

    You can use a Custom Number Format:

    Highlight the dates and choose Format + Cells + Number Tab.
    Choose Custom and type the following into the text box:

    ddd d mmm

    Post back if you have any problems

    Judith
    --
    Hope this helps

  5. #5
    wdjsxj
    Guest

    RE: how to dispaly date as Mon 2 Dec

    cell format/define
    ddd-d-mmm

    “Simon Le Page”编写:

  6. #6
    Ron Rosenfeld
    Guest

    Re: how to dispaly date as Mon 2 Dec

    On Thu, 16 Mar 2006 16:36:30 -0800, Simon Le Page <Simon Le
    [email protected]> wrote:

    >Hello,
    > I need to create a forumula to change the date format from 2/12 to display
    >the day & date "Mon 2 Dec"
    >Thank You

    Obviously depends on the year, but if your date is a standard Excel date, then

    Format/Cells/Number Custom Type: ddd d mmm

    --ron