Automatic links to another workbook

  1. #1
    justaguyfromky
    Guest

    Automatic links to another workbook

    I have a program that I have been working on at work. I brought it home and
    everytime I open the program, I get this error saying that there are
    automatic links to another workbook that is not on this computer. I have
    removed and changed all the links to this book and it should no longer need
    anything from the original workbook. I have downloaded findlink add-in and
    ran it. I have cleared all links. Still I get this error. I there some
    kind of code that I could put in so that when the book is opened, the error
    would not show on the screen?

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    RE: Automatic links to another workbook

    Change you setting in tools=>Options=>Edit tab (down at the bottom) to Ask to
    update automatic links.

    Then when asked, choose no.

    Tom Ogilvy

  3. #3
    Forum Contributor funkymonkUK's Avatar
    London, England
    is there some vb code that can change this option and turn it back on again?

  4. #4
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Automatic links to another workbook

    Not from the workbook being opened. the update is attempted or the question
    is asked before any code is run.

    In xl2003 and maybe xl2002, there is an option under Edit=>Links that
    concerns this and which I believe is workbook specific. I don't have one of
    those versions handy, so I can't give you the exact button name, but it is
    in the lower left of that dialog I believe.

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...