command buttons

  1. #1

    Question command buttons

    i have created in a worksheet 4 command buttons one for resetting a form called (reset)this would clear all cells that would be pre selected (built into program) one for printing a form in a pre selected print area(ie from cell a1 down to a32 and across from m1 to m32) called (print form) one for printing a 2nd pre (a44 down to a71 and across from m44 down to m71) selected print area called (print invoice) one called (new booking) once clicked it would need to auto advance a row(would need to specify start cell ie a84) enabling the newly inputed data to be duplicated into a log further down the work sheet all are on the same worksheet need advice on how this could work.

    thanx

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    RE: command buttons

    You say you have done all these things. It is unclear what you need help with.

    What do you mean by autoadvance a row. Do you mean select A84. If so, what
    determines what the row is. Are the printareas affected by this? If so,
    how.

    Tom Ogilvy

  3. #3

    Exclamation reply to command buttons

    i understand that more clarity is needed

    i have on one work sheet three areas which all intract with each other the 1st is a single a4 landscape size, this is what i am calling a form to allow bookings to be taken thus information input is required on this page i have created 4 command buttons (to which are not working just created) 1st called new booking this button if possible needs to 1 clear form and 2 advance one row every time a new booking is taken (new booking button)(ie: row a1 to a2 to a3 and so on as bookings are taken ) the rows that are advancing pertain to a log which is also a single a4 landscape size or though this will grow. this is the last part of the worksheet this data needs to be locked. the 2nd section on my worksheet and is directly below the booking form is the invoice section most of the data in the booking form is duplicated on to this invoice.

    in breif button
    1 (new booking) needs to clear my form and advance one line on log sheet
    2 (print form) needs to print the form area of my worksheet
    3 (print invioce) needs to print the invoice area of my worksheet
    4 (reset form) needs to clear form only

    hope this may have made things a little clearer

    thanx

  4. #4
    Forum Moderator davesexcel's Avatar
    Regina
    MS-Off Ver
    MS 365
    Posts
    13,486
    Your original Post, reads that you have these command buttons,

    Save your workbook in a different name you you can pratice using the Macro Recorder

    Chip Pearson writes

    Re: What is a macro?
    A macro is a programmed procedure written in Visual Basic For
    Applications (VBA). One uses macros to automate repetitive or
    long sequences of operations. Thus, rather than carrying out a
    long series of steps manually, you can call upon the macro to
    perform the steps automatically.

    To start with VBA, go to the Tools menu, choose Macro, then
    Record. Carry out a series of actions. Then, stop recording.
    Press ALT+F11 to open the VBA Editor. There, open Module1, and
    examine the VBA code that was generated by the Macro Recorder.
    The code isn't very efficient, but can give you a good idea of
    what VBA and macros are all about.

    --
    Cordially,
    Chip Pearson

    Search for macro recorder in this forum and other places, like Excel's help