Force Caps in a cell??

  1. #1

    Force Caps in a cell??

    Is there a way to force text to automatically be show in Upper case even though it might have been entered as lower case. So the cell automatically changes all text into upper case.

    I have played with the UPPER command but it seems to only allow the upper case to be copied into another cell in caps.

    Thanks

  2. #2

    Re: Force Caps in a cell??

    Follow the thread and download the file for your solution
    http://groups.google.co.in/group/Mic...6502c223298627
    or view the topic "USEFUL ADD-INS TO DOWNLOAD" in this group

  3. #3

    Caps

    Best I can tell this only changes a cells characters to Upper case after the text is entered. So if a lower case 'z' is entered you must go back to that cell and do ctrl u to make it upper case.

    I am looking for something that will force Upper case on the fly.

    Thanks for your help -

    Jered
    Lubbock, TX

  4. #4
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: Force Caps in a cell??

    You can only get that using an event macro that can be bypassed if the user
    does not enable macros when the workbook is opened

    http://www.cpearson.com/excel/case.htm

    look for "Changing Case On Data Entry"

    Peo Sjoblom

    Northwest Excel Solutions