How to have a 'comment box' on a user form

  1. #1
    pschmidt
    Guest

    How to have a 'comment box' on a user form

    How can I create a comment like box (like cell comment) on a user form. If a
    user enters an area, this box shows up - no header, etc.

    Is this possible??

    Thx,

    Perry

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor funkymonkUK's Avatar
    London, England
    i take it you using VBE. if you go on to your userform and then select the control you want to change. Say for example you have a normal userform with one textbox. The textbox comment must say "please enter in a number "

    if you click on the textbox and then check its properties you should seen contoltiptext. enter in the value "please enter in a number " now when a user moves the mouse over it is will pop up with "please enter in a number "

    hope thats what you meant

  3. #3
    K Dales
    Guest

    RE: How to have a 'comment box' on a user form

    You can mimic it as long as the area where you want this to appear has a
    control that has a MouseMove event.

    I created a UserForm with a textbox and a label - the label is what I use
    for the "Comment." The following set of routines put in the UserForm's code
    module makes the comment appear whenever my mouse is over the textbox:

    Private Sub TextBox1_MouseMove(ByVal Button As Integer, ByVal Shift As
    Integer, ByVal X As Single, ByVal Y As Single)

    Me.Label1.Visible = True

    End Sub

    Private Sub UserForm_Activate()

    Me.Label1.Visible = False

    End Sub

    Private Sub UserForm_MouseMove(ByVal Button As Integer, ByVal Shift As
    Integer, ByVal X As Single, ByVal Y As Single)

    Me.Label1.Visible = False

    - K Dales

  4. #4
    pschmidt
    Guest

    Re: How to have a 'comment box' on a user form

    Yup - that's what I was looking for - thanks!

  5. #5
    pschmidt
    Guest

    RE: How to have a 'comment box' on a user form

    A good idea - and one i've used before. I didn't want to do this in this
    case because I didn't want to take up the 'label room' on the form for
    messages - just a little pop-up 'comment' box that I see all the time.

    The previous post on controltiptext was exactly what I was looking for.

    thanks.